In this section you will find more information about:
- inclusive activity groups for children who have additional needs
- help to find useful aids or equipment for everyday living or adapting your home
- support for children with a sensory impairment (vision or hearing)
- short-break services for disabled children and young people
- specialist services for disabled children and young people who have a high level of need
- how we can help prepare young people for adulthood and living independently
You can search our Family Information Directory to find childcare or early education, short-break activities and advice and support groups.
Active Derbyshire has information about how disabled children and young people can get involved in local sports.
You'll also find information about services to support children who have special educational needs, including the Derbyshire Information Advice and Support Service for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and how we support the inclusion of disabled children in childcare and activity groups.
We're committed to involving disabled children, young people and families to influence how our services are shaped and developed.
Disabled young people are an integral part of the Derbyshire Youth Council which links to Derbyshire’s special schools.
Across the county there are 5 parent forums which link to the county parent forum. The forums are an opportunity for parents to get together to share their experiences with other parents and influence the services they receive.
For more information about when and where the groups meet contact Lisa Hodgson, forum co-ordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 533666.
Parents are also involved in the disabled children’s reference group which meets quarterly and receives feedback from parents who have attended the forums which then informs the commissioning group.