Report a security incident
If a security incident takes place, it’s important that it’s reported as soon as possible. This page lets you know what could count as an incident and tells you the best way to report one.
If you become aware of a security or confidentiality problem, or if an incident has occurred, you must immediately report it via Service Desk Online.
- password disclosure
- loss, theft or disclosure of confidential or sensitive electronic data or emails
- loss, theft or disclosure of confidential or sensitive written data, faxes or photocopies
- virus warnings and alerts on your PC
- loss or theft of equipment such as laptops, USBs, DVDs or external hard drives
- loss of corporate ID badge
- finding sensitive or confidential information
Security incidents can also be reported by phoning the service desk on ext: 37777.
Report a potential risk to data security or confidentiality
If you become aware of something that you think could be a potential risk to security or confidentiality, you must immediately report it via Service Desk Online.
Potential risks include:
- doors propped open
- delivery vans unattended with doors open
- screens sited near windows or where they can be overlooked
- calendars left on walls
- trees obscuring CCTV cameras
- documents left in printers, scanners or fax machines