Universal Credit is a new benefit which is intended to take over from current low income benefits for working age people.
At the moment, Universal Credit in Derbyshire only applies to a limited number of people - single, newly unemployed claimants who would have previously claimed Jobseeker's Allowance.
However, full service for Universal Credit will be put in to place in Derbyshire between 2017 and 2018:
- May 2017 - Ilkeston Jobcentre Plus and Long Eaton Jobcentre Plus
- November 2017 - Chesterfield Jobcentre Plus
- March 2018 - Alfreton Jobcentre Plus, Belper Jobcentre Plus, Heanor Jobcentre Plus
- April 2018 - Clay Cross Jobcentre Plus Staveley Jobcentre Plus
- May 2018 - Matlock Jobcentre Plus, Glossop Jobcentre Plus
- August 2018 - Bolsover Jobcentre Plus, Shirebrook Jobcentre Plus, Swadlincote Jobcentre Plus.
This means that after these dates, any new or updated claims will be taken as claims for Universal Credit.
The leaflets attached to this page give you more information on these benefits. You can contact us for a full benefit check or further advice on tel: 01629 531535 between 11am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- A short guide to Universal Credit (265KB)
- Help with health costs on Universal Credit (237KB)
- How is Universal Credit worked out (257KB)
- I have claimed Universal Credit - what can I do until I'm paid it (164KB)
- Universal Credit - How to Claim (161KB)
- Universal Credit Full Service - what this means for your benefit claim (342KB)
- Universal Credit claimant commitment (281KB)
- Universal Credit sanctions and hardship payments (254KB)
- Universal Credit - What is happening now and in the future (350KB)
- Universal Credit - What if I am ill or disabled (388KB)
- Universal Credit - Managing your money (350KB)