Foster for Derbyshire and give a child a loving home. Find out about fostering in Derbyshire by filling in our fostering interest form, we'll then contact you in the next few days for a chat.
Ask about fostering
We need Derbyshire homes for Derbyshire children and are looking for people from all walks of life to become foster carers.
You can be single, married, straight, gay or trans. Any ethnic origin. A couple, home owning or renting. Working or not. All you need is a spare room and to be aged 21 or over.
You don’t need any special qualifications to be a foster carer. But all our foster carers are special people who care about and like children.
If you'd like to find out more about becoming a foster carer, then please fill in our fostering interest form and we'll contact you in the next few days for a chat.
Check out our short film 'Fostering changes lives' which outlines the qualities needed to foster a child.
You can also talk to Derbyshire foster carers and their families about the joys and experiences of looking after a child at our fostering events.
Fostering is a big decision for anyone to make and not one that should be taken lightly. Becoming a foster carer can be one of the most rewarding, life enriching events you and your family will ever experience.
Our fostering team will support you in every part of the process.
Transfer to us
If you currently foster for another agency, it’s easy to make the move to our fostering service.
If you want to know more, contact us and we'll send you our foster carer welcome pack, which includes a handbook, information about fees, allowances, training and support.
Why foster with us instead of an agency?
Every week we receive enquiries from people thinking about joining us. Here are eight reasons why we think you should join us:
- we are the biggest, the best and the oldest provider of foster care in Derbyshire
- we don't make a profit from fostering, we just want the right carer for the right child
- we have a large number of children in our care who need your skills, love and support to give them the future they deserve
- we are committed to providing a safe, secure and loving future for all of them
- we value experience - you get professional fees and allowances for essentials
- we'll always place a child with our own carers before approaching other agencies
- we can offer you a large range of training to support you and help develop your skills
- we can offer a wide range of additional support services, including free gym and leisure passes for the whole family
Contact us, email: email@example.com or tel: 0800 0837744.