Library volunteering opportunities
Get involved with Derbyshire libraries through our range of volunteering opportunities.
You could get involved with:
- reading groups
- children's activities
- IT buddying
- delivering books to people at home
- reminiscence sessions
- events and promotions.
For more information, view the volunteering roles attached to this page. Volunteer Andrew Beaumont said:
"Computer volunteering at the library gives people the confidence to try different things. Helping them is very fulfilling when you make a breakthrough and people learn something new."
Volunteering can be regular or ad hoc. Many of our volunteers do a variety of different volunteering opportunities with us, although some choose to take on one specific role.
What we're looking for
We're looking for volunteers who offer commitment and enthusiasm. As most roles are customer facing, communication skills and an interest in working with the public are also important.
What we offer
We offer full support to our volunteers, and the opportunity to get involved in a real variety of things. Our volunteers often help us provide services that have a big impact on people's lives, and they're highly valued.
There are a number of volunteer roles available at Buxton Museum
Find out more
For more information or to apply please contact:
- Libraries - Kirstie Matkin, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 539140
- Record Office - Karen Millhouse, email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 538347
- Buxton Museum - Ros Westwood, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 533540.
Not all roles are not available all the time. We recruit volunteers as and when the role is required.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Audio editor (24KB)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Book cafe support role (66KB)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Childrens activities support role (65KB)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Computer buddy (65KB)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Family History ICT help (47KB)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Home Library Service (65KB)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Library event support (64KB)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Reading and listening group support (65KB)
- Volunteering details - Libraries - Reading and reminiscence support (64KB)
- Volunteering details - Record Office - Archives and record management (49KB)
- Volunteering details - Record Office - Cataloguing volunteer (39KB)
- Volunteering details - Record Office - FindersKeepers (47KB)
- Volunteering details - Record Office - History helper (47KB)
- Volunteering details - Record Office - Preservation volunteer (54KB)