This year’s challenge is Space Chase, an out-of-this-world adventure!
Help our super space family track down books nabbed by mischievous aliens! Collect the special stickers and solve the clues to complete your mission folder and save the day.
This year's Challenge, Space Chase, is running in every library and will start on Saturday 13 July and run until 7 September 2019.
What you need to do
Sign up at your local library, read 6 library books of your choice and collect amazing stickers along the way – all for free.
A medal and a certificate will be given to everyone who successfully completes their mission. Good luck!
There will also be lots of great activities taking place in libraries across Derbyshire with special events to mark the launch on Saturday 13 July 2019.
Find out more
Book suggestions and lots of activities to explore are available from the Summer Reading Challenge website.
If you're aged 13 to 24 and looking for something interesting and rewarding to do over the summer, then why not volunteer to help us deliver the Summer Reading Challenge in libraries across Derbyshire?
We are looking for volunteers to help us with a variety of activities such as:
- encouraging children to sign up to the challenge
- talking to children about what they have read
- helping them find what they want to read next
- assisting with the delivery of children’s activities
- creating displays
- helping out at medal ceremonies
We are looking for people who :
- enjoy working with people, especially with children, their parents and carers
- are enthusiastic about reading and be able to enthuse others
- are able to work in a team with library staff and other volunteers
- have good communication skills and are good listeners
- are interested in children’s literature
All our young volunteers will be provided with training before the challenge begins. If you are interested, complete the form on our volunteer page.