If you have any questions about accessibility, you can contact the library information service email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01629 533444.
Deaf and hearing impaired people
- Derbyshire Library Service is registered with Typetalk
- materials to support BSL courses
- staff members trained in BSL
- Makaton resources
- Chesterfield Library has a wide range of material relating to issues around deafness, deaf culture and deaf fiction
Visually impaired people
- Kurzweil 1000 available at Chesterfield Library
- text image magnifiers available at several Libraries
- Supernova screen reader and magnification software available on DELTA public access computers in all libraries
- wide range of books on audio cassette and CD
- giant print books
- magazines on audio, cassette and CD
- transcription service - material can be transcribed on to CD, Braille and large print.
- Braille learning courses for all age groups
- Moon learning courses for all age groups
- clear vision books for children (these are story books with a Braille overlay)
Local history audio books
This is a collection of local history books read onto CD by volunteers. The collection is based at Chesterfield Library but can be made available at your local library.
Suggestions for new titles are always welcome. If you're interested in becoming a volunteer reader for this collection please contact Sandra Rollinson at Chesterfield Library.
These are readers' groups aimed at visually impaired people. They're held at Chesterfield, Dronfield, Buxton and Bolsover Libraries.
Community transport may be provided for people who are unable to use public transport.
People with learning disabilities
- friendly DVDs
- Skills for Life books
- a range of games and materials to help adults and children overcome difficulties associated with dyslexia
This is a collection of materials including books, quiz books and picture cards to help with reminiscence therapy. This is useful for patients recovering from strokes and head injuries or those with Alzheimer’s disease.