Renew your library items
Help logging in
If you have any difficulties logging in or need help using the catalogue, please contact us by email:firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 533444.
Accessing your library account online
You can access your library account online:
- If you have a purple library card, just type the number into the user ID box.
- b_line and Gold Cards need to be activated at your local library in order to be used as library cards.
Your PIN is the first two digits and the last two digits of your date of birth. So, if you were born on 3 February 1970, your PIN would be 0370. You can change your PIN once you're logged into 'My Account' by using the 'change PIN' option.
- Books and CDs can be renewed for three weeks.
- All DVDs, with the exception of new features, can be renewed twice. An additional charge applies.
- Audio books can be renewed for a further three weeks. An additional charge applies.
Items can be requested by visiting any Derbyshire library, by using our online catalogue or by ringing the Library Information Service on 01629 533 444.
A request charge of 80p (50p concessionary) is charged for books and audio books. If we don't have the item in stock it can still be requested. A further charge of £5 will apply if we borrow the item from another library service in the UK or abroad.
- Children receive free requests up to the age of 18.
- All Derbyshire DVDs with the exception of new features, can be requested free of charge.
- If we don't have a particular item in our stock, you can make a suggestion and we'll consider buying it.
- CDs can be requested free of charge.
If you're a Derbyshire Library member you can also download free eBooks from our website, including fiction, non fiction and children’s books.
You can borrow 16 eBooks for up to 3 weeks and if the book you want is already checked out you can reserve it free of charge.