If you meet the eligibility criteria you can apply for up to £2,500. This grant is in addition to the Emergency Fund of £300 that we've provided.
Business Recovery Grant can only be paid to:
- small and medium (SME) sized businesses with up to 249 employees - larger and local businesses part of a national chain are likely to be ineligible
- SME properties that have been directly affected by flooding - for example, businesses who experienced flood damage to the property, equipment and / or stock
- SME properties that have been indirectly affected by flooding and exceptional circumstances can be evidenced and a direct loss of trade can be evidenced – for example businesses having had no or highly restricted access to their premises, equipment and / or stock as a result of flooding, or restricted access for customers, suppliers and / or staff and directly suffered a loss of trade as a result
This grant cannot be used in the following circumstances:
- where insurance is held, business recovery grant cannot pay for items already covered under existing insurance arrangements. Confirmation from your insurance company on exempt costs will be required
- where a business has made no efforts to seek appropriate insurance
- where a business has failed to take recommended measures following previous flooding
- for routine business expenses or costs recoverable elsewhere.
- public bodies with properties impacted by the flooding
To apply you will need your:
- address, email, and type of business
- VAT no and company registration (if applicable)
- company bank account details
- relevant Insurance details, including insurance provider and policy number
- details of how your business has been affected by the flooding
The flood recovery grant application and guidance notes are attached to this page. Once you have completed the application, send it by email email@example.com.
A member of our team will review the information and confirm receipt within 5 working days.