Find your normal area school
You can use our normal area school finder to find which school serves the area in which you live.
- Find your normal area infant or primary school (opens in a new window)
- Find your normal area junior school (opens in a new window)
- Find your normal area secondary school (opens in a new window)
The normal area of a school is the geographic area which it serves and the school area you fall into is based on your permanent home address.
Most Derbyshire schools serve a discrete area but in some cases you might live in the area for more than one school.
If this is the case you will see more than one school in the results given to you by the normal area school finder system. The results will show you all the normal area schools for your address.
While you can express a preference for which school your child attends, in law there is no automatic right to a place in any particular school.
Schools with no normal area
The following schools do not have a normal area for over-subscription purposes but will display as a local area school in the system.
- Birkhill Infant School, Eckington
- Eckington School, Eckington
- Killamarsh Infant School, Killamarsh
- Killamarsh Junior School, Killamarsh
- Marsh Lane Primary School, Eckington
- Ridgeway Primary School. Eckington
- Renishaw Primary School, Eckington
- Eckington Junior School, Eckington.
The following school does not have a normal or local area plotted.
- Fairmeadows Foundation Primary School, Swadlincote.
Please see the parents' guides for either admissions to infant, junior and primary schools or admissions to secondary schools for arrangements these school.
You can also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01629 537479.
Catholic primary and secondary schools within Derbyshire will not appear in the results of your normal area school search.
However, while they give preference in their admissions arrangements to Catholic children, applications are very welcome from all parents and carers, regardless of faith or background, who'd like their children to be educated in a Christian environment.
A list of all the Catholic schools in Derbyshire is attached to this page. If you'd like any advice on applications to Catholic schools within Derbyshire please contact the schools direct or the relevant diocesan education service:
- Nottingham Diocese tel: 01332 293833
- Hallam Diocese tel: 0114 256 6440
If you need advice about your child's status with the Catholic school serving your area please contact the diocese for more information.
If you need definitive advice about your normal area school for the current school year you can contact us by email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 537479.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)