Packed with news, advice and information, the summer edition of Derbyshire Now also features money off vouchers for days out at some of the county’s most popular attractions as well as the chance to win prizes.
This edition’s competitions include:
- Win! One of five stylish picnic backpacks.
- Win! A tour of Boot Brewery in Repton, South Derbyshire, including tasting nibbles and lunch. We have five pairs of tickets to give away.
To help keep the children busy this summer, there are discount vouchers for great days out in Derbyshire, including:
- Conkers – kids go for £1 with every full-paying adult
- Gulliver’s Kingdom – family entry for £59 – saving up to £46
- Heights of Abraham – 20% off cable car tickets for up to five people
Features inside the 16-page magazine include a spotlight on how a Derbyshire family is making a difference to the life of a young disabled woman as Shared Lives carers; focus on how to get fitter and healthier this summer with our Live Life Better Derbyshire lifestyle service plus top tips on how to reduce food waste.
Find out why age is no barrier to being a foster carer for 64-year-old Sheelagh Hanson, from Chesterfield, who started fostering for us five years ago and discover more about our recently unveiled two-year vision for the county.
The Leader of Derbyshire County Council Councillor Barry Lewis said he hoped residents would find the latest edition useful and a good read.
“Helping keep residents informed about council services and how we’re spending taxpayers’ money is an important part of what we do here at the county council,” said Councillor Lewis.
“Derbyshire Now is great for helping us do that. It’s also brilliant for showcasing the amazing work done by local people in Derbyshire who are making a big difference in their communities. And with the summer holidays just around the corner, the money-off vouchers for great days out could come in handy.”
Here’s a taste of what else is inside the latest issue:
- keeping Derbyshire moving – details of our summer road improvement programme
- designs unveiled for our new £15m care centre in Cotmanhay
- Climate and Carbon Reduction Manifesto
Derbyshire Now is produced by us three times a year at a cost of 11p per copy, including distribution. It’s delivered to around 330,000 Derbyshire households.