The staff, who all work for our direct care service, support older and disabled residents across the county to live independent and dignified lives.
Two teams and 2 individual care workers have been shortlisted as finalists in award schemes designed to recognise the best care staff in the country.
- Dementia Carer of the Year – Sharni Holloway, from Shirebrook, who looks after people with dementia in their own homes, helping support them to live as independently as possible
- Care Employee of the Year – Liz Moor always “goes the extra mile” helping residents living in our Hazelwood care home in Cotmanhay lead happy, healthy, dignified lives
- Care Team of the Year – No Limits, Chesterfield - the 11-strong team enables adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities live a full and active life while ensuring their emotional, physical, health and support needs are fully met
- Regional Care Home of the Year (North) – Whitestones in the High Peak – collectively the team of staff work together to ensure residents in our Chapel-en-le-Frith care home are healthy, well and enjoy life
Our Cabinet Member for Adult Care Councillor Jean Wharmby said:
“I’d like to congratulate all the staff nominated for these awards for doing such a fantastic job. It’s great that they’ve been recognised for the great work they do.”
Our direct care workforce includes:
- homecare staff who visit older and disabled people in their own homes to help them retain their independence
- care workers who look after residents in our residential care homes and extra care developments
- day centre staff who support older and disabled people to enjoy activities and stay well.
Councillor Wharmby added:
“We have a great workforce who do an amazing job helping support people in their own homes, our care homes, extra care centres and day centres. I’m very proud of them and it’s great to see them recognised as among the best in the country.”
The Great British Care Awards are a series of regional events throughout the UK to celebrate excellence across the care sector. The purpose of the awards is to pay tribute to individuals who have demonstrated outstanding excellence within their field of work. The regional final is on Friday 1 November 2019.
Our finalists are:
- Dementia Carer Award – Sharni Holloway, Shirebrook
- Care Team of the Year – No Limits, West Street Resource Centre, Chesterfield
The Caring UK Awards 2019 celebrate excellence throughout the care industry and recognise team efforts across the UK. The Caring UK Awards have been created to highlight and pay tribute to the care home teams who make an outstanding contribution to caring for the elderly. The national final is on Friday 15 November 2019 in Leicester.
Our finalists are:
- Care employee of the Year – Liz Moor, Hazelwood care home, Cotmanhay
- Regional Care Home of the Year (North) – Whitestones care home, Chapel-en-le-Frith