"We would like to offer our sincere condolences to Miss Allen's family and apologise wholeheartedly for the failings that caused her death.
“In this case, our actions fell below the high standards that we expect of ourselves and we are truly sorry for what happened.
"The safety and wellbeing of our residents is our number one priority and we have worked extremely hard to address the issues involved in this tragic case.
"We have implemented a number of changes to do our best to ensure this can't happen again including:
- reviewing and revising our falls policy
- established a Quality and Improvement Board to oversee the delivery of a quality improvement plan
- increasing staffing in the service
- implementing changes to our pre-admission assessments
- compulsory falls prevention training for staff
"Three years on we continue to build on the progress we've made and a recent independent inspection of the home found evidence of improvements in the recording of falls and the admission process.
"We continue to work to improve our processes to ensure that we meet the high standards that people rightly expect of us and that residents are safe in our care."