New Derbyshire drugs and alcohol support service launched
We have commissioned a new combined drug and alcohol recovery service for the county.
Derbyshire Recovery Partnership is a partnership between Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, local charity Derbyshire Alcohol Advice Service (DAAS), national charity Phoenix Futures and peer-led organisation Intuitive Thinking Skills.
The partnership will offer a wide range of services to help people reduce the harm from their substance use, access treatment and move into recovery.
It will also offer advice and help for families and carers who are living with, or supporting, someone with a substance misuse issue.
Our Director of Public Health, Dean Wallace, said:
"We are pleased to have commissioned the Derbyshire Recovery Partnership.
"This is a partnership of well-established charities and organisations that have a wealth of experience in providing support, training, education and treatment of alcohol and drugs related issues.
"Because the partnership provides a complete range of services it avoids people having to transfer between different organisations and potentially falling out of the system."
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust will lead on delivering the combined service.
David Hurn, service manager for substance misuse services at the Trust, said:
"I'm very excited to be involved with this partnership, which will provide local people with innovative support in a seamless way.
"Together, we look forward to working with any Derbyshire residents who need our support to get their lives back on track."
The Derbyshire Recovery Partnership is made up of the following organisations:
- Derbyshire Healthcare - responsible for medical assessments, specialist mental health support and specialist prescribing.
- DAAS − will support alcohol misuse with confidential information, advice and counselling.
- Phoenix Futures - provides trained drug and alcohol workers who will offer a range of support and guidance, tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Intuitive Thinking Skills - offers a range of reflective and educational courses that are designed and delivered by people who have overcome significant problems in their own lives.
Derbyshire Recovery Partnership will also offer:
- A single point of entry for drug or alcohol support or treatment
- One to one and group-based treatment
- A nurse-led health improvement team
- Counselling service
- Peer-led recovery group work
People will be able to refer themselves into the Derbyshire Recovery Partnership or be referred by a third party such as a GP.
To get in touch with Derbyshire Recovery Partnership for support with drug or alcohol issues call 0845 308 4010 or 01246 206514.
Alternatively email email@example.com or visit www.derbyshirerecoverypartnership.co.uk (opens in a new window)