Voting and elections
This section provides you with more information on voting, why you should vote, how to register and different ways to vote, including by proxy or post.
You'll also find details here of results of past county council elections in Derbyshire.
The last county council election was held in May 2013 and Labour won 43 of the council's 64 seats.
Elections for district, borough, city, town and parish councils have been held since the last county elections in 2013 and you can find out more about them here: link to other councils section
Why you should vote
It's important to register to vote and use your vote as it gives you a say on who represents you on local matters such as:
- how your council tax is spent
- health and social care for you and your family
- your community
- local services like libraries
- looking after the countryside
- protecting your rights through trading standards
- your roads, pavements and rights of way
- your child's education.
The next county council election is due to take place on Thursday 4 May 2017. Use your vote.